Both lighthouses are open for tours daily. For more information, visit The Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses website.
The Yaquina Bay Lighthouse is located at the mouth of the Yaquina River in Yaquina Bay State Park, near the north end of the Yaquina Bay Bridge. Built in 1871, the lighthouse was decommissioned three years later in 1874 after the construction of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse just north of Newport. It is the only lighthouse in Oregon with attached living quarters, as well as Oregon's last remaining historic wooden lighthouse. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, it is believed to be the oldest structure in Newport.
With over 400,000 visitors a year, the Yaquina Head Lighthouse is one of the most visited lighthouses on the west coast. Located just north of Newport in the Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area, the Yaquina Head Light was built in 1873 and remains an excellent example of late 1800's lighthouses. The lighthouse tower, at 93 feet, is the tallest of any lighthouse in Oregon. The lighthouse was recently selected as a 2004 Rand McNally Best of the Road™ destination.